Saturday, July 22, 2023

The Serpent and the Wings of Night Review

 

The Serpent and the Wings of Night Review 
Title: The Serpent and the Wings of Night (The Nightborn Duet, Book One) 
Author: Carissa Broadbent 
Rating: ★★★★
Genre: Fantasy Fiction, Romance Novel, romantic Fantasy, Dark Fantasy, Vampire literature 
Spice: 🌶🌶🌶

***

    Do you love Rhysand and his way with words? Did you wish you got to read a book about just Feyre and Rhysand without Tamlin? What about Vampires instead of Illyrian warriors? 

    If you said yes to many of these questions then this is the book for you. I’ll be honest when I started reading this book I was hesitant but because I was gifted the book I had to give it a fighting chance. With me being very picky on how I like my vampires this book had a lot to live up to. This author knocked it out of the park however. This high action tale where being different isn’t a bad thing it’s a challenge. But learning about a world you lived blindly in is just the beginning. 

    Oriya, daughter of the king, is human in a world of blood sucking vampires. She sets off to win a quest to define all odds and become like her vampire father but not everything goes as it should. She meets Rhian, a vampire last of his kind who goes through her to try to win but at what cost? She meets people who feel more like family than her own father as questions rise in her mind. 

    Oriya is one of those characters who feels so authentic and real, she constantly is evolving and trying to do the right thing and her fire is even more of a god sent to her. Her sarcasm makes me laugh uncontrollably and to this day I started my own. 

    I truly enjoyed each of the challenges as they each seem to test a different part of their own beliefs and you get to dive into each character through it. The enemy to lovers aspect was quite enjoyable as we truly watch her shell break down and she begins to trust him because of the actions he made not because of looks or sweet words. 

The book to me seemed like ACOTAR in so many ways, with just little things changed. The characters and the events of this book were little flash backs for me. 

    The spice in this book is perfect and yet long, I didn’t realize you could write smut in so many words (don’t laugh). I was at least happy that the tension was built and the scene was well placed. 

    I have so many questions ones that I am sure will and wont be answered next book but I can't wait to see what betrayal of the heart and mind turn into. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Serpent and the Wings of Night Review

  The Serpent and the Wings of Night Review  Title: The Serpent and the Wings of Night (The Nightborn Duet, Book One)  Author: Carissa Broad...