Monday, August 22, 2022

Bookish Box From Blood and Ash Special Edition

 From Blood and Ash Special Edition 

Bookish Box Edition 

Company Name: The Bookish Box

Personal Rating: ★★★ 

Fandom: From Blood and Ash Series 

Author of series: Jennifer L. Armentrout 

Collaborators On Box; 

- Exclusive Covers: @Monolimeart

-Exclusive Art on the Reverse Jackets: @Nicole.deal.art 

- Exclusive Stencil Sprayed Edges: 

-Exclusive Foiled Hard Case Stamp: @Reginaflath 

Exclusive Custom Endpapers: @Monolimeart 

Exclusive Interior Artwork: @Nicole.deal.art

Printed Signature by the author 





🟍🟍🟍🟍🟍

    Personal Review: 

I was so so excited to receive this box. I had waited months and missed out the first round of this series. I had failed on Black Friday and the last restock and finally I got this series. However this box was really a hit or miss for me. 





Lets start from the beginning: From Blood and Ash

Book Rating: ★★★★

    The book was truly beautiful. The edges were perfect, no printing errors with the red and roses entangled on on three sides of the book. The  foiled cover was more breathtaking than anything I could have expected. My jaw dropped as I looked it over, so much I nearly wanted them to  be left without the dusk jacket. The regular front of the dust jacket was breathtaking as it brought four favorite characters to life for the first time, The spines lined up with the rest of the series to give it a amazing line up. This Dust Jacket was one of my favorites, however I still think there were other scenes than the Romance ones that could have been chosen for the cover. This one captured the under the Willow scene during the ball where they shared their first kiss. 

SPOILER ALERT: I was hoping they would have picked the scene when he catches her on the bridge, or when they go away and he's not taking her to Casadonia anymore. 





Book Two: A kingdom of Flesh and Fire 

Book Rating: ★★★

    This one was no different from the other book, the spine was covered in what looks like could be flags and a orange glow around the border. The gold foiled cover is still my favorite part as it unveils the best parts of the story  this one follows the fact that poppy changed the flag so Casteel would be treated and seen as an equal. The dust Jacket is still out of this world, however it was the Reversible dust jacket that made me so mad that I nearly threw my book as a common theme had come to life. The second book in the series has SO MANY good important scenes that they could have chosen from. and they made the choice to go with the romance one yet again. One that doesn't capture the meaning of the book itself. 

SPOILER WARNING: They could have picked many scenes, blood forest, their wedding, the kingdom, etc.

To me they missed out entirely on a amazing book cover for this, sadly I cant use the reversible jacket because of how many people see my shelves in a professional and family manner. The art itself is beautiful, the artwork covers amazing details but its not the scene I would have gone for. 





Book Three: A Crown of Gilded Bones 

Book Rating: ★★★★★

This one was perfect in every way the way I think they should have intended all the books to follow through with. This one captures everything this third book made us feel. The foil brought to life the acceptance and responsibility Poppy was now following and trying to save the world from her past. The edges were laced in her dagger as it decorated the end pages perfectly. The dust jacket caught every little detail as the book itself shared some key scenes from the book. The other side of the jacket was outstanding. It captured the theme for the book and just blew my mind. 

SPOILER WARNING: I don't know many other scenes other than the battle the night after their wedding that could have made it any better. 





Book Four: A War of Two Queens

Book Rating: ★★

    This was no different than book two, they captured many of the great qualities of the book on ever surface beside the reversible dust jacket. The End pages were covered in our favorite Drackons, which I absolutely adored throughout the book. The cover jacket and the foil cover captured the theme of the book but again they focused on one scene that in my opinion holds no weight of the book. Now I'm not saying that the artwork isn't outstanding. Its beautiful but when I think of a dust jacket, I think about character and scenes that describe the book and when I thought about this book, that scene was not one that came to my mind. 

SPOILER ALERT: This was the only scene in the whole series that I felt we the readers forced Jennifer to write, this was my least favorite of all the books and this scene had no real purpose behind it. They could have picked rescuing Casteel, They could have picked the scene with Casteel, Maliki, Poppy and her sister. The battle at the end. And many others. 


Overall, I hate to say this but the Jackets were let downs for me. I am still keeping them because i loved them in every other aspect, but this was something that I just couldn't get past. 


Thanks for reading!

PS: No offense to the designers of the jackets as I know you do what you are contracted for. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

The Serpent and the Wings of Night Review

  The Serpent and the Wings of Night Review  Title: The Serpent and the Wings of Night (The Nightborn Duet, Book One)  Author: Carissa Broad...