Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Lore Book Review

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1ge-dhNk3Vo3aco5qEKmrrXl1ijJnARU6

 Lore

Title: Lore

Author: Alexandra Bracken 

Genre: Young Adult/ Fantasy 

Rating: 4.5- Stars (4-stars on Goodreads) 

Spice: 💗


    Do you love Greek Mythology? Do you love the thrill of ancient history brought to our time and world? Do you love a story with twists and turns? One that makes you forget you were ever reading. Lore is an enchanting and thrilling book that grabs you from the prologue all the way to the very last page. 

    When the world Lore thought she left behind finds her in a dark alley and a god stands before her, she is faced with the choice to let the god die or be dragged back into the world she once left behind. Face to face with which world to protect Lore alongside her mortal friend Miles and friends from her past, Van and Castor, will set off on an adventure to try to solve a poem that can save the mortal world and end the Agon once and for all. 

    This book was full of skill and well-crafted twists and turns that made your own jaw drop more than once. I can't tell you how many times I thought I knew something and was wrong. There were ships that I saw that never formed and ones that came that were hinted at very subtlety. 

    I love the relationship between Lore and Castor. They were something that I truly love about ships where its slow and then it's just there. The building and tension were there from the first meeting all the way until the end. The love they had that at first you couldn't define and yet found a way too by the middle of the last section. The love they had was so strong and part of my favorite tropes ("Don't touch her") 

    My other favorite ship was Van and Miles. At first, I honestly kind of shipped Athena with Miles (Don't come for me) but as the two interacted more and more I found myself realizing that Miles and Van would make a cute pair and at the end right before the last battle scene I was right. The kiss was sweet and yet so meaningful for both characters. 

    Going to the plot of the story where that real magic happened. Wrath. When i saw the words like "Wrath" and "Fate" my brain instantly was drawn as I had just finished "Kingdom of the Wicked" and was hoping for more a devil reincarnated. However, this was a different twist on the tales we love, the houses we known and the stories we have read about. 

    Overall, I gave this book 4.5 Stars, and I don't think I would go any lower. The only reason this book is not a 5-star read is because there were small points of the story where the details dragged on and or got lost. I definitely suggest this book if you have been looking for an easy year to pass the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Serpent and the Wings of Night Review

  The Serpent and the Wings of Night Review  Title: The Serpent and the Wings of Night (The Nightborn Duet, Book One)  Author: Carissa Broad...