Saturday, July 22, 2023

Fear The Flames Review

 


Fear the Flames Review
Title: Fear the Flames ( Book One in Series) 
By: Olivia Rose Darling 
Rating: ★★★★★  5/5
Genre Romance Novel, Fantasy Fiction 
Spice: 🌶🌶

***

    As a debut novel, this book checked all the boxes. It was fast paced and full of action and THE BANTER!!!! I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed the banter alone. The characters from page one had my jaw on the floor and me missing them whenever I put the book down. AND IT HAS DRAGONS! A BADASS HEROINE AND DRAGONS.  WHAT COULD BE A BETTER MATCH— oh wait add a commanding general who will kill anyone that hurts you. 


    This book follows Elowen, a lost princess who is on the path to not only regaining what her father stole from her but the five dragons she left behind. But living a life where everyone thinks you’re dead can bring out a dark side of the past. But when she is handed a golden opportunity to align with Cayden, a commander who also has a common enemy she takes a risk to take back what is hers but finds a few other things along the way. Discovering her own power, a bond that she knew one day could destroy her, and a link with someone who she fears the least with. 


    I can honestly say that this books was so much fun to read. The tension, the quotes, the storyline, each page was something new and I never found myself lost. The spice was on point as the tension built up and my gosh I never wanted more banter in my life than I do now that I have read this book. 


    Typically when you read about a lost princess you always see the dainty one who doesn’t want to get her hands dirty. Here you see one that will kill and torture anyone in her way to get her crown, her kingdom and her dragons back. Elowen and Cayden may have unleashed the dragons but she will burn the world until she gets what she is owed. 


Book two is yet to be released but I can tell you this; I am ready for preorder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Serpent and the Wings of Night Review

  The Serpent and the Wings of Night Review  Title: The Serpent and the Wings of Night (The Nightborn Duet, Book One)  Author: Carissa Broad...