Saturday, July 22, 2023

Fourth Wing Review

 


Fourth Wing Review

Title: Fourth Wing (The Empyrean Series, book 1) 

By: Rebecca Yarros 

Rating: ★★★★★  5/5

Genre: Fantasy Fiction, Romantic Fantasy, High Fantasy 

Spice: 🌶🌶🌶


***

    Have you ever read a book and 38% in you already know what you’re going to rate the book? That was me with this book. Fourth Wing is taking Divergent and Game of Thrones and creating an epic world that explodes all senses and you forget that you’re reading. From the first page I wanted to keep reading and never putting it down. The characters have such dimension, each different than the next and the tension is *chef kiss* I couldn’t stop myself from falling over the dragons and characters. 


    We follow Violet, the daughter of a leader who sentenced many to die and forced her own daughter to go into the “riders” instead of a scribe. Little did she know that Violent would become the most powerful of them all with not just one dragon but two. (My babies 😍) With such power makes Violet have a target on her back as she is trying to survive to graduation. And it doesn’t help that her childhood best friend doesn’t have faith in her. 


    Violent best friend Dain needs to get a case of back up dude. He was so annoying always antagonizing her and belittling her in every way. I was really hoping he would die or betray her which in some way I suppose he did. 🥺 This character was made for us to hate, made for us to have a little faith in him before shoving it in our faces. Dain may be alive now but my guess is he won't if he ever see's Violet again.


    Xaden Riderson. Xaden Riderson, this man that has me in a death grip. This man is the Rhysand of dragon riders. He knows exactly how to treat violet while allowing her to be strong and independent. He never once treated her like property. His betrayal at the end threw me to the point I was so mad but after hearing parts of why and what he had yet to say I understand why and I think Violet will too in the end. Sometimes the people we care for the most do things they think is right for those he is responsible for. Xaden gives up everything he has for the small amount of people he has left and I think Violet is about to realize that the life she knew and the family she had are no more. That war and dragon fire are going to be her only ally. 


    Dragons of all powers, shapes and sizes made me want to live in that world. They really were the highlight of comedy (iykyk 😉) and I can’t wait for them to all return. I thought this was pure gold, myself laughing because no other author added things like this scene and I think it definitely shows. All three Dragons have me held so tight that I want my own dragon. Or two. 

**Spoilers beyond this point**

    **Spoilers**Liam, my poor innocent baby Liam death killed me. So much that I had to pull over on the road to cry through the pain with them. Him holding on so close to death was enough to break each and every part of my soul. His character brought out the best in all the characters around him. He didn’t mean to become a major character but he sure as hell did by the end. 


Cliff hanger; talk about a bloody cliffhanger that will flip your world upside down. Her brother lives. Her brother freaking lives! What the hell! All I got to say is this…


Someone said this theory and I couldn't agree more. With Andarna and her ability to hold time, I think she will be bringing back a favorite face once she is older. One that my heart will sore for. I also think that Violet's sister knew about her brother and is playing into it. I think that is why she was so determined to keep Xaden away from violet because she interferes with some large scale plan. 


WELCOME TO THE REVOLUTION DRAGON RIDDERS 🐉


Book two is called Iron Flame and it is Available for preorder. Available for Purchase November 7th 2023. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Serpent and the Wings of Night Review

  The Serpent and the Wings of Night Review  Title: The Serpent and the Wings of Night (The Nightborn Duet, Book One)  Author: Carissa Broad...